Wednesday 15 June 2016

Let's Play: Tonic Trouble Special Edition

Watch here.











In this video, I play the "special edition" of Tonic Trouble. What's so special about it? Well it's basically a beta that hardware manufacturers gave away for free with their stuff.

I forget to mention this but that crash glitch at the end only applies to this version of the game. The proper retail version apparently has no problem there.


For reference, here's how the game looks for me.


For this video, I shrank down the video size in the game and cropped out everything around it. As for how I got that thumbnail when the video file for the intro is corrupted, well I just put the file through handbrake and after that it worked just fine in a video player (though without sound as it seems that's separate).

So yeah, here's the full intro since I couldn't have it in my video for reasons. How'd I get the sound? I got it from RayTunes because it seems they included the sound part of the intro in their Tonic Trouble soundtrack downloads.

So yeah, with this not quite working 100% (plus without the OEM patch, you can't get past a certain point) and the retail version just plain not working on modern systems, it seems the only chance of getting Tonic Trouble to work now is if it got onto Good Old Games. So here's the wishlist entry if you want to upvote it.

No comments:

Post a Comment